Walk – Mindfully in the forest
29. July 2023 (INTERNATIONAL FOREST THERAPY DAYS 2023 event)
Come and start your day in nature and notice what usually escapes your attention. “Forest bathing“ or so-called shinrin-yoku” from the Japanese original means “immersion in the atmosphere of the forest”. In Japan, this well-being activity has been used for almost 40 years, and thanks to its science based positive effects, it has gradually spread to many countries around the world. You can read more in the article Mindfulness and nature – How can they help us. The walk will take place with a certified forest bathing instructor, you can find more information about us here.
WHAT does it look like in practice
● Do not expect a hike, a natural history lecture or a trip, the goal of mindful time in the forest is “to be here and now”, not “to go there”. Nature is not just a pretty background, a mindful walk provides space. A space to perceive nature with the involvement of the senses and to be able to listen to yourself.
● We will go at a leisurely pace, an undemanding and short route in a quieter part of the city’s forests. Through simple exercises, you will get the possibility of various experiences that will help you to be present in the given moment and promote mental well-being.
● You will also have the opportunity to be quiet, to observe your own thoughts and emotions.
ADVANCE REGISTATION is required, the maximum number of walk participants is limited to 12 people. Application is a reservation, participation in the walk will be confirmed by e-mail along with other information.
● 29.7.2023 (Saturday) from 9:00 to 11:30 am.
● The walk can be rescheduled to another alternative date in case of adverse weather conditions (heavy rain, wind, storms) or other unforeseen circumstances.
● Bratislava Forest Park – Kamzík area.
● Availability – public transport bus 144 to the Kamzík stop, parking lot in front of the West hotel.
● We will send detailed organizational information, including the meeting place, to the participants with the confirmation of the application.
● Free walk as part of the international event International Forest Therapy Days 2023.
WHAT to take with you
● Comfortable and multi-layered clothing (activities are slow-paced, so pack an extra layer).
● Footwear suitable for outdoor activities.
● Waterproof jacket / raincoat in case of rain.
● Some snacks and bottle of water.
● A small outdoor sitting mat.